Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The "T" files....

So here I am, finalising preparations for the March short term team before heading off to Hong Kong on Sunday. Karen Norman and I are co-leading this team, and we're both looking forward to meeting everyone when they get to the YMCA next week.

The last couple of weeks have been a bit crazy - getting back from China - thinking I had plenty of time to sort the last minute details out, then coming down with some kind of flu. A couple of kind "friends" suggested I had bird flu - so I am checking daily for signs of an emerging beak. Don't be surprised if I start to quack.

I can't wait to get back to Heng Yang again, and the team are all raring to go. From comments people have made, there seems to be a real desire to serve the children and staff. This makes me smile. From experience, I know that through their service, the team will be blessed too.

We'll be in China for Easter, which will be a new experience for most of us. I am packing "special" supplies for Easter day, and I'm sure we'll have a good time or worship, fellowship and fun together.

I always have a sense of excitement and expectation before a team begins - I'm looking forward to seeing what God is going to accomplish this time.

So, if you have a moment, spare a thought and a prayer for us. I'll let you all know how we get on.

No comments: